Eden Travel Book Club is back! I didn’t know it was possible to be even more excited than last year. If you’re new, hi. Welcome to our little travel book club. This year, we’ll be picking up one book set in a different country each month.
This is a no-pressure book club. You can join at any time. You can skip any month. And if you don’t like the book, that’s okay too. Don’t feel like you have to finish it. I still love to hear your thoughts (so feel free to rant away)!
Here are our current travel book club picks!
June 2021 Pick
After a long hiatus (grad school got the best of me), we’re back with a light-hearted summer pick! Kiki’s Delivery Service is the Japanese children’s classic behind the Studio Ghibli film of the same name. The story follows Kiki, a young half-witch who establishes a new home in the cute little seaside town of Koriko. Kiki solves the challenges that come her way through kindness and wit. It’s a bright, uplifting, and charming story.
February 2021 Pick
Arctic Dreams is a dive into the seemingly austere. It’s hard non-fiction written like a symphony. And before spring seeps in, I want to slip in this winter compilation. Philosophy. Science. Arctic Dreams is an environmentalist’s book. It’s intellectual but not condescending. It’s also one of my personal favorite trudges through the Arctic landscape.
January 2021 Pick
The Star-Crossed Sisters Of Tuscany is a modern-day fairytale set under the stunning backdrop of Italy. This book feels like an Italian getaway come alive. If you liked either Letters To Juliet or Under The Tuscan Sun, The Star-Crossed Sisters Of Tuscany has the same charm. And the descriptions of Italy gave us our vacation fix (but also a case of wanderlust).
About Eden Travel Book Club
- Each month, we pick out one travel book (either fiction or nonfiction) to buddy read.
- You can absolutely DNF the book and still come to the discussion portion. I want to hear your thoughts regardless of whether you choose to finish the title or not (so don’t feel pressured to finish it if you aren’t enjoying it).
- There will be one announcement post (like this one) and one separate discussion post. This discussion post usually goes live towards the end of the month.
- You’ll find all book-related updates under the Book Club tab on the blog menu bar! When the discussion post goes live, it will be featured at the very top (the same goes for our monthly announcement)!
- The discussion posts will have a series of ten questions as starting points. But honestly, you can talk about whatever you want regarding the books! You don’t have to answer all (or any) of the questions. They’re just meant to get our gears turning and our debate heels on!
- If you love chatting about books as much as I do, this is a safe and welcoming environment to share your thoughts! Whether you like a book or hate a book, we encourage you to share your opinions (though please note, no trolling of other book club members is allowed).
Are you excited for our 2021 travel book club? Let me know in the comments below what you plan on reading! I’m excited to hear from you.
P.S. The easiest way to stay updated on our book club is via our newsletter!