I didn’t intend to write a list of funny travel quotes today.
You see, I was looking up Robin Williams on travel and Google Images gave me the best results I could ask for: giant Mrs. Doubtfire sipping cups available for sale.
The Internet is a strange and wonderful thing.
For some reason, I started to remember the comedy gold of Robin Williams and proceeded to laugh like no one was watching.
Mostly because no one was watching.
I didn’t want the laughter to stop so I spent the better part of my morning compiling this list of funny travel quotes. Let’s take a look at them, shall we?
25 Funny Travel Quotes That Will Make You Smile
- “I love my job, only when I’m on vacation.” – Anonymous
- “I’ve been to almost as many places as my luggage.” – Bobe Hope
- “Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.” – Jerry Seinfeld (reminds me of the time I took a wrong turn in Houston….)
- “I wish travel therapy was covered by my health insurance.” – Anonymous
- “Plane tickets are the answer. Who cares what the question is?” – Anonymous
- “Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s saying ‘I would stay and love you but I have to go, this is my station.'” – Lisa St. Aubin de Teran
- “A hotel room all to myself is my idea of a good time.” – Chelsea Handler
- “Airline travel is hours of boredom interrupted by stark moments of terror.” – Al Boliska
- “I crossed a time zone and I feel younger already. If I keep traveling west, I can become immortal.” – Jarod Kintz
- “Another well-known Paris landmark is the Arc de Triomphe, a moving monument to the many brave women and men who have died trying to visit it.” – Dave Barry
- “What’s the use of a great city having temptations if fellows don’t yield to them?” – P.G. Wodehouse
- “The worst thing about being a tourist is having other tourists recognize you as a tourist.” – Russel Baker
- “Say yes, and you’ll figure it out afterwards.” – Tina Fey
- “Adventure without risk is Disneyland.” – Douglas Coupland
- “Backpacking is the art of knowing what not to take.” – Sheridan Anderson
- “I travel light but not at the same speed.” – Jarod Kintz
- “The devil himself had probably redesigned hell in the light of information he had gained from observing airport layouts.” – Anthony Price
- “There are only two emotions in a plane: boredom and terror.” – Orson Welles
- “I need a six month vacation, twice a year.” – Anonymous
- “If life is a journey, the beach is my destination.” – Anonymous
- “I’m a travel addict on the road to recovery. Just kidding, I’m on the road to the airport.” – Anonymous
- “One day if I go to heaven, I’ll look around and say ‘it ain’t bad but it ain’t San Francisco.'” – Herb Caen
- “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “The city is not a concrete jungle, it is a human zoo.” – Desmond Morris
- “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it’s lethal.” – Paulo Coehlo
Did you enjoy this list of funny travel quotes? Did you find them relatable? Let me know in the comments below, what are your favorite funny travel quotes?